Saturday, September 21, 2013

Time, time, time!!!

  This is a thought that I found sitting in "drafts". I thought I'd go ahead and post it....

Time....I'm sure we can all agree we don't use it as wisely as possible!

Here lately it seems like I have a church function on the calendar almost every night...whether it be Bible study, soul winning, or church. I'm excited that I have those opportunities....but in reality I usually make excuses that I'm to busy or tired.

I don't think you have to do EVERYTHING...in fact, sometimes it's just not healthy...physically or spiritually. You can wear yourself down or get so busy your not having your quiet time and building your relationship with Christ. But...I know being to busy for Him is not my problem right now, sadly :( I think I probably did more for Him while on vacation this past summer!

God has been showing me that I need to get more involved in His work instead of being consumed only with what I want to do. Sometimes that might mean giving up things I had planned...but you know, just like in other areas, if I give God my time....He will provide the right times for me to hang out with friends, go shopping, work on crafts....or do whatever "it" may be.

Christ wants all of me! He doesn't always want me to DO....He just wants me to be willing to do! (Like Abraham and Issac.) Our life is short and I need to not pass up opportunities to witness to others, serve, grow with my Christian family. I've been created for God, He sacrificed His only begotten Son for me, there's no reason why I shouldn't live for Him!

 Here is a poem I found that I thought was good.



1 comment:

  1. Another fine post.....good you have the courage to speak your mind
    too many churches focus on activity and zeal....forgoing wisdom and knowledge .......the Perfect Peace promised by the Lord thus eludes them . The fight always is one on the knees before that battle not by our strength in battle....for He has taken the field as the old Hymn tells us ..... "The Cross has won the Field"
    Montgomery's Hymn " Lift Up Your Head Ye Gates Of Brass"
    Zimmerman Family

    ReplyDelete